Summer 2014

Summer 2014
Photo by New York Creative Group. Click on photo to visit the site.

FOLLOW EVITA ARCE

Keep up with Evita for occasional updates on her worldly adventures. Based in New York City, she can usually be found traveling between Canada, France, Sweden, Germany, the UK, Italy, Greece, Spain, and of course, several US cities. Please stay in touch and follow along as more videos, photos, and stories about her travels pop up. These days more stories and comments will include shoes and fashion.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Made it to Australia!!!

I wish getting to Australia was as easy and fun as this picture looks.  Do you know how serious it is getting to Adelaide, Australia from New York City?  I'll tell you.  First, you have to drag all your luggage down to the subway and take the hour and 45 minute ride to JFK airport.  Next, you fly across the country, NY to LA, which is 6 and a half hours.  Ugh, you feel like that was a huge accomplishment and you're ready to be done but then you realize the trip is just now starting.  You scurry for some food at LAX before boarding the big flight, LA to Sydney, which is 14 hours.  I was expecting 16 for some reason, so I was excited that it was only 14.  Ah, the first sign of land is so beautiful.  Like being in pitch, black, dark, outer space and finally seeing light for the first time.  I tried to take a picture of the Opera House but I don't think it worked through the airplane window.  I was so happy to be in the airport at Sydney.  I celebrated by buying desert and coffee.  But once again, I had to board another plane to Adelaide, a mere 2 hours more.  And that adds up to 24 hours and 15 minutes!  And that's not including the couple of lay over hours I spent.  All in all, I think I spent close to 34 hours traveling from door to door.  And now I'm here!  I made it to Australia.  Which truly is a great feat.  A BIG THANK YOU TO STEVEN, JOEL, AND MANU.